What are NIC SALT E-Liquids?
Nicotine salts are a form of nicotine that more closely resembles the way nicotine occurs naturally in the tobacco leaf. The salts are formed in the presence of acids, as opposed to the nicotine that is traditionally used in e-liquid which is alkaline based.
What Are the Benefits of Nic Salts?
It has been found that Nic Salts are more effective at delivering nicotine to the bloodstream, therefore users feel the nicotine ‘rush’ faster than with traditional e-liquids. Because of this, the user will find they only need a few puffs to feel satisfied. Due to its more acidic nature, e-liquids made with Nic Salts can be vaped at high strengths without feeling harsh on the throat. For example, the smoothness of a standard 3mg liquid can be achieved with a 18mg liquid made with Nic Salts.
What Devices Should Nic Salts Be Used In?
Nic Salt based e-liquids, such as the Ohm Brew Nic Salt 50/50 Range, are produced with new vapers in mind. Nic Salts e-liquids have traditionally been used in pod systems, like the N-One Disposable Pods, especially in the higher nicotine strengths. However, any mouth to lung tank with a high resistance coil should be ideal for these juices. For example, the Innokin Endura T18 II or Purity Triton II. Lower strength Nic salt e-liquids like 3mg can be used in a sub-ohm device, or even on a RDA. These liquids would be ideal in the Eleaf iStick Trim Kit or Smok X-Priv Baby.
Who Is The Target Market for Nic Salt E-Liquids
Nic Salts are predominantly aimed at new vapers. In the higher strengths it will work well for heavy smokers who are looking to give up. It will provide them with the quick nicotine fix that they are looking for, but without the harsh throat hit that is usually associated with 12/18mg e-liquids. New customers who are lighter smokers can also enjoy the range in a lower strength.
Nic Salts will also benefit new vapers in the sense that it will feel more familiar to them, because rather than having to vape quite a lot in order to satisfy their craving, a few pulls should do the job.
Key Points to Remember:
- Nic salts absorb into the bloodstream faster, and so the effects are felt quicker, normally within 6/7 seconds.
- High strength Nic Salts do not give the same harsh throat hit as traditional e-liquids.
- New vapers will find that Nic Salts feel a lot more similar to smoking than traditional e-liquids.
- Nic Salt E-Liquids are ideal for new vapers who are looking to give up smoking.
Bear in Mind:
It is important to remember that a high strength Nic salt should not be vaped in the same way as a traditional e-liquid. If vaped continuously or in a sub-Ohm tank, it could give the user an unpleasant rush, and could leave them feeling quite unwell if too much nicotine is in the system.
- More effective at delivering nicotine to the bloodstream.
- Users feel the nicotine ‘rush’ faster than with traditional e-liquids.
- Can be vaped at high strengths without feeling harsh on the throat.
- Use in any mouth-to-lung device with a high resistance coil. e.g. Innokin Endura T20S or Aspire Cobble Kit.
- Lower strength NIC Salts can be used in Sub-ohm devices. e.g. SMOK Nord Pod Kit or Wismec Sinuous V80 Kit
- Aimed at new vapers. Works well for heavy smokers looking to give up.
- Lighter smokers can enjoy the lower strengths.